Creative Director Melissa Castagne’s Business Experience:
- Founded and manage a successful graphic design agency for print and internet clients providing turnkey solutions by acting as a full-service consultant throughout the scope of the project and creating concepts into effective corporate materials as they envision by using elegant designs with stunning imagery, cutting-edge typography and innovative color theory.
- Develop Internet and intranet sites to reflect the organization’s goals and identity using strong knowledge of web strategy, site architecture, copy / design integration and user-interface design for the front-end combined with leveraging innovative technology and functionality for programming of the back-end.
- Print projects include: Billboard & poster display, book covers, booklets, bookmarks, bumper stickers, calendars, catalogs, CD-ROM covers / jewel inserts / sleeves, club card flyers, decals, die cut stickers, door hangers, event tickets, flyers, folded cards, greeting cards, invitations, labels, menus, notepads, packaging, panel cards, product design, product hang tags, product identity, rack cards, response cards, signage, stickers, tickets and wine labels.
- Internet projects include: banner ads & icons, e-mail & RSS, e-mail design, flash & web animation, internet marketing, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, testing & QA, usability testing, user experience design, web 2.0, web design, web development and web landing pages.
Acxiom, New York, NY:
Creative Services Manager, 2001-2004
- Designed winning Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programs and direct mail campaigns based on strategic database marketing ensuring objectives are executed in a manner that most complements the established brand by creating powerful messages and strong visuals that sell a product or a service to the targeted demographic audience for high-end retail and financial clientele.
- Collaborated with account executives for their creative services offerings to acquire new business by preparing proposals, presenting comps at on-site sales pitches and attending conference calls to prospective customers.
- Projects included: Annual reports, banners, brochures, business cards, direct mail pieces, envelopes, folders, ID badges, identity packages, letterhead, logos, mailers, marketing communications / coordination / plans, pocket folders, postcards, PowerPoint presentation, presentation folders, sales data sheets, stationery, trade show banners and tri-fold brochures.
Praxis Press, New York, NY
Art Director, 2000
- Developed the visual identity and consistency of the medical website with the collaboration of the editorial and the marketing teams.
- Managed in-house and freelance staff to create user-friendly site structures/navigational designs and to incorporate innovative technology and functionality.
Torre Lazur, Parsippany, NJ:
Senior Art Director, 2000
- Conceptualized advertising strategies, maintained on-going campaigns and presented ad pitches for pharmaceutical clients by combining a sophisticated knowledge of marketing, sales and advertising with strong design and production skills into creative concepts to attract attention and increase sales while strengthening the established branding.
- Supervised support personnel consisting of junior art directors, production artists, illustrators and photo editors.
- Scouted locations, cast models and directed photography shoots.
- Projects included: Advertising concepts, advertising management, counter cards, magazine ads, newspaper ads, print ads, product / brand management, promotional materials and table tents.
Cahners Travel Group, Secaucus, NJ:
Art Director, Travel Weekly Custom Publishing, 1994-2000
- Customized travel-destination publications, or “advertorials,” to set the client apart from their competition while communicating their corporate vision by presenting the information visually, so it is appealing, professional and organized from conception through final production of print-ready files using QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign.
- Trained and supervised a staff consisting of junior designers, a photo editor and freelance artists; hired photographers; and contracted illustrators while juggling multiple projects under tight production deadlines within budget.
- Prepared comps to be used by the sales and the marketing departments for prospective clients.
- Projects included: Advertorials, consumer magazines, custom publishing, layout / desktop publishing, illustration, magazines, newsletters, page layout, photo editing, publication production and tabloid magazines.
Additional Relevant Experience:
Print Production and Creative positions at American Payroll Association, Aquent Partners, BMT Communications, KBC Publishing & Expositions, Marvel Comics, Research Institute of America, Schnell Publishing, Sun America and Ziff Davis Publishing, 1988-1994
- Motion Over Time, New York, NY:
Attended “Web Development Workshop” and “Multimedia and Shockwave Workshop using Director,” 2000
- The New School, New York, NY:
Attended HTML class, “World Wide Web Page Design and Construction,” 1998
- Parsons School Of Design, New York, NY:
AAS: Graphic Design and Advertising, 1987-1989
- University Of Arizona, Tucson, AZ:
BA: Majored in Anthropology, Minored in Psychology, 1983-1987